Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Planning My Classes for the Genealogy Jamboree - Sunday, 8 June 2014

The Ancestry Insider had an excellent post last week titled "NGS2014GEN Planning Your Time at a Conference" so I thought that I would try to plan my time at the upcoming Southern California Genealogy Jamboree.  




The class schedule, including the syllabus material for Sunday is at http://app.core-apps.com/scgs2014/events/view_by_day?day=Jun++8. Here are my plans for Sunday, 8 June 2014:


8:30 a.m.:  SU-006 -- Michael Provard - FamilySearch's New Mobile App: Your Family Tree on the Go - in Pavilion 1

10 a.m.:  SU016 -- Panel -- Rebranding Genealogy and Engaging the Next Generation -- Hotel Pasadena Room (Moderator is Janet Hovorka, panelists are Crista Cowan, Elyse Doerflinger, A.C. Ivory, Michael Melendez, and D. Joshua Taylor).

1 p.m.:  I haven't selected a session yet.  I may just hang out in the Expo Hall.

2:30 p.m.:  Our train leaves at 4:22 p.m., so I need to pack, check out and get a Subway sandwich for dinner rather than attend this session.

Those are just the classes that I've selected.  I may not make all of them because I also want to:

*  Visit with folks in the Expo Hall, and the best time to do that is during class times.  I need to take pictures for my blog to share with readers.

*  Write one or two blogs posts each day, perhaps in the evening in the blogger's lounge where the wi-fi is free.  I'm not going to do it in my room because of the exorbitant hotel charges for Internet service.

*  Visit with my geneablogger friends and readers in the blogger's lounge.  We do tend to talk a lot!

*  Eat breakfast (in the restaurant), lunch (in the breezeway) and dinner (probably in the restaurant) each day.

I highlighted my Friday classes here and my Saturday classes here.

The Genealogy Jamboree 2014 mobile app has been updated recently to include the venue for each class.

The URL for this post is:  

Copyright (c) 2014, Randall J. Seaver

No comments:

Post a Comment